Enjoy the red meat flavor of a steak with the health benefits of duck on the grill! Prepare using your favorite BBQ sauce to create this mouthwatering dish.
- 2 Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breasts
- 3 cups BBQ Sauce
- Vegetable Oil, As Needed
Searing the Duck Breast
- Score duck breast skin in 1/4″ intervals, being careful not to cut into the breast meat. Rotate breast and score again, making a crisscross pattern.
- In a container, pour 2 cups BBQ sauce over duck breasts.
Marinate the Duck Breasts
- Marinate covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Turn breasts over and marinate for 30 more minutes.
- Remove breasts; discard marinade.
- Preheat sauté pan for 3 minutes on low-medium heat.
Cooking the Duck Breast
- Place duck skin-side down in sauté pan; cover and cook for 10 minutes until fat is rendered and skin is crispy.
- Note: While grilling, baste both sides with reserved BBQ sauce.
- On a well-oiled preheated grill, cook duck skin side down for 7 minutes.
- Flip breast over, grill for 3 minutes.
- If needed, finish cooking in a 350 F oven to bring internal temperature to 155F.
- Place duck on cutting board and let rest 5 – 10 minutes until it reaches 165 degrees before slicing.