Take your Duck with Orange sauce to the next level with this Duck a l’Orange recipe! Use our roast half duck and top with this flambeed orange sauce and orange zest for this classic dish.
- 2 Roast Half Ducks
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier/ Orange flavored Liquor
- 2-3 fresh navel oranges
Preparing the Duck
Reheat Roast Halves in the oven according to packaging instructions.
Making the Orange Sauce
Flambeed Orange Sauce
- Melt butter in pan at medium heat and slowly stir in corn starch, brown sugar and granulated sugar to start the roux (sauce).
- Slowly pour in orange juice while stirring constantly until sugar has absorbed.
- Mix in Cayenne pepper and salt and let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Carefully pour in Grand Marnier and light flame to flambé in pan. You can skip this step if you do not feel comfortable with the flame.
- Zest one of the oranges and cut another into wedges.
- Place the Roast Halves on a plate and pour orange sauce over duck.
- Sprinkle orange zest over duck and serve orange slices on the side.